Sweet & Spicy Corn on the Cob
Prep Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
What you'll need:
4 fresh corn, make sure to pick good-quality sweet corn and the silk on the corn should be pale in color and shouldn't look dried out
2 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted), softened
2 tablespoons Super Mirchi hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel back the husks and remove the silk strands from each corn.
2. Preheat a gas grill over medium high heat to about 450 degrees. Brush grill grates clean.
3. Apply butter to each corn with a basting brush. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap each corn in aluminum foil tightly.
4. Once grill is preheated, place corn on grill, leaving space between them. Let grill (with lid closed) for 15 - 20 minutes turning occasionally until cooked. Remove foil and char on all sides, for 5 - 8 more minutes. Kernels should be tender when pierced with a paring knife. (Alternatively, if you don't have a grill, you can bake the corn in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.)
3. Transfer corn to a serving dish.
4. Apply hot sauce evenly on the corn with a basting brush. Serve as a stand-alone or with another entrée.