Seared Super Mirchi Butter Scallops
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
What you'll need:
1 pound scallops
2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup dry white wine or broth
¼ cup Super Mirchi Hot Sauce
¼ cup chopped cilantro
Fresh scallops are best for this dish, but frozen is the next best thing.
1. Rinse fresh scallops and thoroughly pat dry. If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached, then dry thoroughly.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan (work in batches if necessary).
3. Season scallops with salt and pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side until a golden crust forms underneath. Then flip and fry for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through.
4. Reduce heat to low and add butter.
5. Once butter is melted, pour in wine or broth and simmer for 1 minute.
6. Add hot sauce and simmer for 1 more minute.
7. Remove pan from heat and garnish with cilantro.
8. Serve over rice, pasta, or grilled vegetables. Enjoy this dish as a starter, side dish or main dish!